by Paul Cormier, Salamanders of Kemptville
It will soon be time to dig up the spuds. Depending on the variety you have selected, you’ll get different sizes. For today’s recipe, you want to pick out some small and medium ones. Eating “new” potatoes is a huge treat and so is this Warm Potato Salad. It is lifted out of the ordinary with the dressing you will make and is a French technique for creating a great dish.
Warm Potato Salad
2 pounds of your smaller or medium potatoes
3 green onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of sweet Octoberfest mustard
2 tablespoon lemon juice
6 tablespoons olive oil
A splash of white wine
A shake of Worcestershire Sauce
3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 tablespoon of oregano flakes
3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook your potatoes as usual, drain them and slice them into quarters
2. Mix all of the other ingredients in a salad bowl except the pepper, oregano and Parmesan
3. Add the potatoes delicately, coating them with dressing but not breaking them up
4. Sprinkle with the pepper, oregano and Parm
5. Serve warm right away to accompany poultry, beef, pork or vegetarian dishes.
It is always great to hear from you as you try out these recipes. Please don’t forget to send me some of your own favourites. Best, as always from: [email protected].