Ok, I admit it, I’m on a mission: to convert budget conscious folks to the benefits of leftovers. Another way of using leftovers is to inventory what’s hanging around in your fridge and prepare an instant recipe from a staple we always keep around the house: Naan bread. From the time that we enjoyed Naan bread in Indian restaurants to today when you can get this delectable bread over the counter pretty well anywhere, we have blessed the day we found it. We usually get a stash at Costco and keep ‘em frozen. So today’s recipe involves using Naan bread with whatever you have left around the house.
Naan Instant Flat Bread
However many Naan breads you need to feed your family or guests
Optional coatings, for example:
- Tostitos salsa
- Tomato sauce or pizza sauce
- Chipotle mayo
- Your favourite BBQ sauce
- Diced chicken
- Thinly sliced ham or salami
- Any other protein you have around, including bacon and back bacon
- Or, go vegetarian with anything you choose (try cooked asparagus spears)
Topping: any firm cheese that you can grate, including:
- Monterey Jack
- The list goes on but doesn’t include soft cheeses…
- And, some Parmesan when serving to “seal the deal”
- Warm your Naan bread slightly in the MW, particularly if you are starting from frozen
- Choose a coating and spread it on the surface of the Naan bread
- Choose a filling and place your choice generously on the coated Naan bread
- Choose a cheese, grate it and sprinkle on your emerging flat bread
- Pop in the microwave for about a minute or until the cheese is melted
Bring these to the table with a Parmesan shaker. Serve with a nice cool ale: fast and certainly very tasty. Somehow, I imagine a pool table…Enjoy!
Feedback always welcome. Talk to me at [email protected].