This Festive Season recipe has been around our family forever. There are several versions so once again, you can use your creativity to suit your taste. Also, please remember your children and grandchildren, who can learn to cook with easy recipes like these while having some fun.
½ cup of cocoa (the baking kind)
3 cups of quick-cooking oats
1 cup of coconut
1 ½ cups of white granulated sugar
½ cup of milk (3% is better or light cream)
½ cup of butter (preferably unsalted)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Bring the sugar, cocoa, milk and butter to a boil in a saucepan
- Blend in the oats, coconut and vanilla extract
- Remove from heat and let cool for a bit
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with wax paper
- Drop heaping tablespoons of your mixture onto the wax paper
I prefer these addictive treats refrigerated so that all you need to do is pop them into the fridge. Once cold, they can be bagged or placed in a container until they are ready to be put out. Try having them ready for Christmas eve celebrations…
Please keep in touch at: [email protected].