submitted by LGLD Health Unit
The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit is moving its service delivery site in Kemptville. The current location on Concession Rd at the Kemptville Hospital will be closed as of November 17, 2023 at 4:30 pm. The new location of the Health Unit’s Kemptville service delivery site will open at 80 Shaver Cres., on the Kemptville Campus. Starting on November 29, 2023 at 8:30 am, the new site location will be open Mondays to Thursday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm and closed from 12 to 1pm. The phone number is unchanged, 613-258-5941. Please enter from Concession Road, onto Campus Drive, turn right on Macphail, and left on Shearer until you see parking lot P4.
“The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit has been serving North Grenville for decades, with public health services being delivered in a number of different sites over the years,” said Medical Officer of Health, Linna Li. “We are pleased to have leased space from the Campus to continue to provide many of our services.”
From November 20 to 29, the Health Unit will minimize service disruption as much as possible. There will be no Sexual Health Clinic or Immunization Clinic services available in Kemptville. Community residents can go to the Smiths Falls Office for these services or check our other clinic locations. Clients can call 1-800-660-5853 x2467 to arrange Infant Feeding appointments. Preschool Speech and Language staff will be letting clients know that there will be no in-person visits during the closure (Nov. 17 – Nov. 28 inclusive). Some clients may be seen virtually or at other locations. In-person visits will resume at the new site on November 29. Contact your Speech Language Pathologist or your Communications Disorders Assistant with any questions.
Public Health Services at the Kemptville site, times and details:
- Sexual Health Clinics: Tuesdays 11:00 am – 4:30 pm (we recommend calling for an appointment at 613-258-5941). For other locations, visit: Sexual Health Clinic – Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
- Immunization Clinics: go to our online booking or call 1-800-660-5853
- Infant Feeding Clinics: Wednesdays 9:30 am – 12:00 pm (by appointment: 1800-660-5853 x 2467 and online booking available: https://healthunit.org/clinics-classes/infant-feeding-clinic/
- Harm Reduction/Smart Works: Tuesdays 11:00 am – 430 pm; visit our website for more information: https://healthunit.org/health-information/drug-use-harm-reduction/
- Baby Talk – Kemptville: EarlyON Centre located at the Kemptville Public School, 224 County Road 44 – 1-866-433-8933 extension 2374. Public Health Nurse attends the third Wednesday of every month.
- Prenatal – to register for the online prenatal course, please call 1-800-660-5853 extension 2467 or sign up using the form on our website.
- Preschool Speech and Language Services: by appointment, 1-888-503-8885 or go to our website www.language-express.ca
- Quit Smoking and Vaping Services: call 1-800-660-5853 ext. 2121 or email [email protected]
- Water Testing: North Grenville Municipal Office, 285 County Road #44, Kemptville, Ontario; Monday – Thursday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
For a listing of all public health services, please visit www.healthunit.org or call 613-258-5941 or 1-800-660-5853. Important public health updates are also available by connecting with @LGLHealthunit on Facebook, X (formerly Twitter) and @lglhealthunit.z on Instagram.