Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit
- For individuals 5 plus, our first dose vaccination rate is 94.4%, and second dose rate is 91.9% and third dose rate is 63%
- Vaccination rate for 5 to 11 is 65.8% with a first dose – 52.5% of children 5 to 11 have received a second dose.
- For youth age 11-17, 90.1% have second doses and 23% have third doses
- As of June 6, 2022 a total of 455,203 vaccinations have been administered in the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit (LGLDHU) region.
Our vaccination dashboard has all the details and will be updated again next Tuesday, June 14.
Vaccination Booking Reminders
Getting vaccinated with three doses of COVID-19 provides good protection against symptoms and very good protection against serious disease requiring hospitalization. All people 60 and older are encouraged to get a fourth dose of the vaccine to give added protection. This is the age-group that has higher rates of hospitalization and death because of underlying health conditions that make it a challenge to cope with COVID infection.
A list of upcoming clinics is available on our website. Walk ins may be available at clinics based on clinic capacity. Call 1-844-369-1234 or book online
Also continue to check with a participating pharmacy or your health care provider.
We are hoping to have more information on the following areas in the next few weeks
- vaccines for those under 5 years
- expansion of eligibility for booster doses for other ages
- new formulations of the vaccine and new vaccines, such as Medicago.
For more information on COVID-19 vaccines, visit the COVID-19 Protection and Vaccines section of our website.