submitted by Jill Sturdy, Municipality of NG
Early last week, Council approved the recipients for the 2023 Arts and Culture Development Fund initiated by the Arts and Culture Advisory Committee.
“Congratulations to the 2023 recipients! Council was so impressed by the applicants who offered such an array of exciting, diverse and creative proposals,” highlighted Mayor Nancy Peckford.
The Arts and Culture Development Fund was created earlier this year to support and strengthen the arts in the Municipality of North Grenville. An annual $10,000 in funding has been allocated to support individual artists, groups of artists, and arts organizations in North Grenville.
This fund supports the Municipality of North Grenville’s 10 – Year Community Strategic Plan by fostering a strong, connected and vibrant community by developing partnerships among community organizations that benefit the arts and culture community and the overall well-being for our residents.
“We look forward to seeing how these innovative and worthwhile projects unfold and are encouraged by their promise to increase access to arts and culture in our community,” added Deputy Mayor John Barclay and Co-Chair of the Arts and Culture Advisory Committee.
Recipients of the 2023 Arts and Culture Development Fund
- North Grenville Theatre Community – French Language Theatre Workshop – One-day workshop to plan and rehearse theatrical segments in French.
- North Grenville Arts Guild (Tabitha Valliant) – Froid D’Art – Outdoor Winter Art Show to encourage residents to enjoy community in the post-Christmas winter months.
- Kemptville Street Piano (Lisa Poushinsky) – Concerts on Campus Pilot – One pilot concert to be held at Parish Hall.
- Nature Journaling North Grenville (Meredith Luce) – Monthly walking workshop held at various NG trails.
- Kemptville Youth Musical Theatre Company (Barb Lacelle) – The Little Mermaid – Cyclorama purchase in budget to create believable underwater environment.
- Blue Moon Concert Series (John Sobol) – Ongoing concert series held at Burritts Rapids Community Hall.
- Twilux Workshops for Artists and the Public (Susanne Larner) – Participants learn how to make large scale illuminated works.
- St. Lawrence Swordfighters Guild (Chris Chinkiwsky) – Historical European martial arts of the Middle Ages – Ongoing weekly sessions held at the NG Municipal Centre looking to increase membership.
For more information about the Arts and Culture Development Fund, visit www.northgrenville.ca/community-and-culture/recreation/arts-and-culture.