Full Vaccination Definition: An individual is considered fully vaccinated if they have received:
- the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines,
- one or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or
- three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada; and they received their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before providing the proof of being fully vaccinated.
Health Canada approved vaccines:
2 doses: Pfizer-BioNtech, Moderna,
1 dose: Janssen/Johnson & Johnson
mRNA vaccine: Pfizer-BioNtech, Moderna
Vaccination Proof Receipt:
If you have questions about how to obtain a copy of your vaccination receipt, visit the COVID-19 vaccination provincial portal [https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/] or call the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line at 1-833-943-3900.
You can also refer to the Using Your Vaccination Receipt: Frequently Asked Questions [https://news.ontario.ca/en/backgrounder/1000806/using-your-vaccination-receipt-frequently-asked-questions].
Validation of vaccination will be based on two key identifiers:
- Name of the identification holder; and
- Date of birth
Photo identification is not required.
Proof of identity can be established using documentation issued by an institution or public body, provided it includes the name of the holder and date of birth.
Examples of identification documents that may be used to confirm the identity of the holder of the vaccine receipt include:
- Birth certificate
- Citizenship card
- Driver’s licence
- Government (Ontario or other) issued identification card, including health card
- Indian Status Card /Indigenous Membership Card
- Permanent Resident card
Validation of identification is considered to have been completed/successful when the name and date of birth of the presenter of the vaccination receipt, and the name and date of birth on the identification, document match. If the name and date of birth on both documents do not match, the individual will not be allowed to enter the business or organization.