L-R: Don Tallman, Tammy Dobson, Lianne Johnston, Regional Manager-Eastern Ontario ALS Society of Canada, Arlene Hall and Ruth Bond

Arlene Hall , a former native of North Grenville, became involved with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease) is a disease that gradually paralyzes people because the brain is no longer able to communicate with the muscles of the body that we are typically able to move at will. Over time, as the muscles of the body break down, someone living with ALS will lose the ability to walk, talk, eat, swallow, and eventually breathe.) when a close friend of hers died of the disease. Her father, Martin Hall, had been an employee of Tallman Truck Centre, and she has always kept up her ties with employee, Tammy Dobson. Every year, Arlene raises money for ALS, and this year Tallman Truck Centre generously donated $500.00 towards it. 60% of all funds raised go towards helping people in our community who are suffering with the disease, and the remaining 40% goes into research. The walk takes place on Saturday, June 9, at the War Museum in Ottawa at 11 am. To register for the walk please go to www.walkforals.ca.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here