Two photos for the price of one! This is the corner where the old Scotia Bank building stands today, across the road from Geronimo Coffee House and the old Red and White Store. As can be seen in the lower picture, Scotiabank was once located in the older building, before crossing the street. The large building on the right was the McPherson Hotel, which burned down on New Year’s Eve, 1939, having been a major feature of the town since the mid-1870’s. It was a busier street in those days, with wooden sidewalks and an unpaved thoroughfare. Note, too, that all the men in the picture were wearing hats. Absolutely required back then! These photographs bring home clearly how much has changed over the decades.