On December 8, 2016, the Grenville County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) investigated several thefts from motor vehicles, which were reported in the Maitland area and appeared to have occurred overnight.
The OPP would like to take this opportunity to remind citizens that many thefts from vehicles can be prevented with some precautionary measures.
Here are some helpful tips and reminders:
- Always roll up your vehicle’s windows and lock the doors.
- Never leave your vehicle unattended while it is running.
- If you have a garage, use it and lock the door as well as your vehicle.
- Never leave your car keys in plain view or in an easily accessible area.
- Always park your vehicle in a well-lit area.
- Never leave valuable objects or packages in full view. Put them in the trunk. Better yet, take them inside the residence.
To learn more about protecting your property, visit Property Security at www.opp.ca.
Report any suspicious persons and or activity to your local police agency or the OPP at 1-888-310-1122.
Should you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).