The Ontario Business Improvement Association (OBIAA) has agreed to provide further support for Digital Service Squad staff throughout Leeds Grenville.
While the region’s Community Futures Development Corporations assisted in continuing the program until the end of March, the OBIAA has confirmed funds that will further allow the program to continue into June.
Of the area businesses who have used the Digital Service Squad, 93% of the 49 survey respondents agreed they were satisfied with the services provided.
The one-on-one digital consulting was the most popular service identified in the survey, followed by other Digital Main Street resources such as webinars and training materials.
Susan Gander, of The Wordsmith and the Rideau Lakes Business Directory, recommends business owners interested in enhancing their digital presence to contact Leeds Grenville Digital Service Squad member Cyndy Bolton.
“Cyndy is a great coach, very knowledgeable but patient and good humoured about giving entry-level help with such basics as editing a Google profile – encouraging without pushing, answering even the dumbest of questions, leaving my dignity intact! I’d highly recommend anyone taking advantage of this program,” said Susan.
Leeds Grenville businesses that were surveyed had similar comments to Susan. Respondents felt that if free services were extended, 89% would utilize the service to improve their online presence. With the extension of the program until June, now is the time to access Digital Service Squad free of charge.
Digital Service Squad services include:
- Offering each business free one-on-one digital consulting, which may include an audit of current digital presence and recommendations for growth
- Assistance with Google My Business and keywords
- Help investigating point-of-sale inventory, customer and content management systems
- Help develop a better understanding of Facebook, Instagram and other platforms for business
- Referring businesses to the ShopHERE (website development) and Future Proof (total digital transformation) programs
For more information contact:
Merrickville-Wolford: Jim Hutton, Business Development Officer, United Counties of Leeds and Grenville. T: 613-342-3840 x 5361, E: email@example.com.