The Tourism Adaptation fund is a non-repayable grant up to a maximum of $20,000. It is designed to assist tourism businesses that have incurred additional costs to protect the health and safety of their staff and customers due to COVID-19.
RTO 9 is a regional tourism organization that is funded by the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries. RTO 9 actively promotes tourism for the region and works to support and grow the tourism industry through product development initiatives.
Tourism businesses include hotels, motels, resorts, campgrounds, B&Bs, restaurants (pubs, fast food, fine dining, night clubs), recreation and entertainment facilities (zoos, museums, theatres, sports facilities – golf courses, amusement parks, heritage sites, hunting, fishing or outdoor adventure outfitters, casinos), travel services, transportation companies that provide transport by air, land or water), and retail stores that are heavily dependent on tourism.
Businesses must be located within the Leeds Grenville geographic boundaries.
$250,000 was received for a second round with applications opening April 1, 2021.
Applications can include eligible costs with receipts dated from June 1, 2020 to March 1, 2022.
The available grant is up to 80% of eligible costs.
Eligible items include:
- Implementation of health and safety protocols: additional hand washing/sanitizing stations
- Alterations to accommodate social distancing including expansion of patio space for restaurants (including tables, chairs, umbrellas) and/or acquisition of equipment like outdoor heaters to extend seasons
- The purchase of large and small scale PPE or sanitizing equipment (fog machines etc.)
- Cleaning supplies for workers / customers
- The acquisition and implementation of digital tools and operating transformations like virtual queue, timed entry ticketing or contactless check-ins, contactless payment upgrades
- The online application will remain up until all of the money is dispersed. Businesses are encouraged to apply early! Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
There is no minimum amount to apply for. The maximum amount is $20,000 (net reimbursement amount). A business who applied in the first round and received funds, can apply again in the second round, however, the maximum they can receive is $20,000 per business and not $20,000 per application.
For more information on RTO9 Adaptation Fund guidelines and applications visit Tourismtalk.ca