Driver charged in collision
On June 13, 2022 at around 1 pm, officers from the Grenville County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a two vehicle collision on Clothier Street East, in the Municipality of North Grenville. Officers attended and spoke with the driver and conducted further investigation.
A 29 years old female from North Grenville was arrested and charged under the Criminal Code (CC) with:
- Failure or refusal to comply with demand CC 320.15(1)
The driver’s licence was seized and the vehicle was towed. The accused was released and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brockville at later date.
Drug charges laid
On June 14, 2022 at 8 pm, North Grenville OPP officers attended a dispute on County Road 15 in Augusta Township. After a short foot pursuit, a 23-year-old male from Brockville was arrested and charged with the following:
- Carrying a concealed weapon – Criminal Code (CC) 90
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance (Cocaine) – Controlled Drugs and Substances Act- (CDSA) 4(1)
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Other Drugs CDSA 4(1)
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order CC 733.1(1)
The accused was released and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brockville at later date.