Don’t miss Old Town Kemptville Christmas event
Saturday, November 30
With all of this snow and Santa Claus’s official visit still being well over a month away, the members of the Old Town Kemptville BIA Events Committee are shaking with chills about the return of the Old Town Kemptville Christmas event. This year’s celebration will be on Saturday November 30, from 10 am to 2 pm in Downtown Kemptville.
Join us for a wide variety of sponsored festive activities including:
Free traditional horse drawn wagon rides around the Downtown with stops at B&H Grocery Store and Exit Realty By Design. At Exit Realty By Design, kids will be able to write a letter to Santa Claus in one room and then have a visit with him to give him the letter in another room.
We’ll also have fire barrels located at Rotary Park and at the corner of Prescott St. and Asa St (across from Geronimo Coffee House) where you’ll be able to make your own s’mores cookies and warm up.
Face painting will be available for a charge, Story Time with Library Sue (starts at 10 am) and board games with Meeples To Go will all be happening at the North Grenville Public Library.
Free hot chocolate and coffee will be available in the Downtown. Look for the Mr Mozzarella tent. They’ll also be taking donations for Big Sky Ranch.
Local groups will be singing Christmas carols around the Downtown, starting at 11 am at Rotary Park.
Back by popular demand will be our “Elf On The Shelf” promotion. Here’s what you need to do to be entered into a draw for a special gift basket from Kemptville Suites: Bring a pen and your Christmas spirit! Pick up a copy of our Elf map at To Be Continued Consignment Shop, The North Grenville Public Library or Exit Realty By Design. Go to 10 locations that are on the map and write down what the elf is doing at each one of those locations. Return your completed information at one of the above locations. Cross your fingers that you’ll be the lucky winner of the draw prize from Kemptville Suites.
We are extremely grateful to the following businesses and organizations who generously sponsored or contributed to our event: Kemptville Firewood, Exit Realty By Design, Leeds Grenville Fibre Extravaganza, Stepping Stone Pediatric Physical Therapy, – Paul McGahey Insurance, Yazdani Dental Centre, Fast Eddie’s Diner, Geronimo Coffee House, Barking Monkey Studios, Grahame’s Bakery, North Grenville Fire Service Volunteers, Municipality of North Grenville, North Grenville Public Library, OPP Auxiliary Volunteers, Girl Guides and Boy Scouts, North Grenville Social Singers, Meeples To Go.
The following locations or businesses will be participating in our “Elf On The Shelf” promotion:
- Exit Realty By Design – (writing letters to Santa and visits with Santa)
- Stepping Stone Pediatric Physical Therapy
- Salvation Army Thrift Store
- Kemptville Academy of Martial Arts
- The Book Market
- Helen’s Sewing Room
- Bodhi Tree Yoga Studio
- New Energy Kreations
- North Grenville Public Library (Story Time with Library Sue, board games & face painting for a charge)
- Willow & Rose
- Crusty Baker
- Sugold Jewellery & Giftware
- Grahame’s Bakery
- Salamanders – (One free kids meal with purchase of adult meal)
- South Branch Bistro – (One free kids meal with purchase of adult meal)
- Get Cronk’d Fitness Studio (refreshments)
- WGP Professional Corporation
- Susie M’s Hidden Treasures
- The Workshop Dance Studio
- Pixel Eye Care Centre (20% off all products including gift cards)
- Mr Mozzarella (15% off all eat-in our take out orders)
- Kemptville Suites – (open house with refreshments)
- More Than Just Babysitting
- Fast Eddie’s Diner
- The Bowen Approach
- To Be Continued Consignment Shop (kids crafts and refreshments)
- St. James Anglican Church (sugar cookies and crafts)
Please watch for more current information and any updates to our event as the date gets closer by following our Facebook page www.facebook.com/oldtownkemtovillebia.
If you’re interested in volunteering, sponsoring or participating in some way at one of our events, please email email@example.com to learn more.