Santa Claus’s official visit being a few weeks away, the volunteer members of the Old Town Kemptville BIA Marketing and Programming Committee are getting chills about the return of the free community event Old Town Christmas Promenade. This year’s celebration will be on Saturday, December 10 from 10 am to 2 pm on Prescott Street in Downtown Kemptville.
Join us for a wide variety of free festive activities including:
- Free traditional horse drawn wagon rides around the Downtown with stops at B&H Grocery Store, Riverside Park and Rotary Park.
- Shop ‘til you drop at the Old Town Christmas Market featuring lots of local artisans and vendors.
- Enjoy a unique shopping experience that can only be found in Downtown Kemptville as you browse our many retail, foodservice and personal service small businesses.
- At Rotary Park, kids of all ages will be able to visit and take photos at the North Pole with Santa and Mrs. Claus from 10:10 am to 2 pm.
- There will be three burn barrels to roast marshmallows and warm up. The barrels will be located at Rotary Park, Post Office Park (corner of Prescott St. & Reuben Cres.) and at the corner of Asa Street & Prescott Street (beside the music stage).
- Christmas craft activity will be happening at the North Grenville Public Library from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Two local choirs and one more local artist will be performing Christmas music starting at 10 am at the Asa Street stage.
- Buskers will be performing at various times up and down Prescott Street between 10am and 2pm.
- Local saxophone player Rob Barclay will be performing at 11am at Rotary Park.
- Watch for even more festive activities and goodies provided by our Old Town Kemptville BIA family member businesses.
Please watch for more current information and any updates to our event as the date gets closer by following our Facebook page www.facebook.com/oldtownkemtovillebia.
If you’re interested in volunteering, sponsoring or participating in some way at this very special event, please email [email protected] to learn more.