Please note that the Village of Merrickville-Wolford has established emergency plans and processes to monitor and address the COVID-19/Coronavirus. The Village’s Municipal Emergency Control Group (MECG) met on March 13 and March 16, 2020 to incorporate proactive measures to limit the spread of the virus within the Village and to protect our residents, businesses, visitors and staff.
Currently, there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 in the Village and an Emergency has not been declared at this time.
At this time, the Village advises the following:
The Village Office is closed to the public until further notice. Operations will continue and residents are encouraged to contact Village Staff by email, regular mail, or by telephone at 613-269-4791. Further contact information is available on our website at www.merrickville-wolford.ca.
All municipal facilities, including the Merrickville Community Centre, Eastons Corners Centennial Hall, and the Merrickville Public Library are closed until further notice.
All meetings of Village Committees and Local Boards have been cancelled until further notice.
The Village is requesting the public’s assistance in reducing the spread of the virus, as follows:
- Please cancel public gatherings until further notice
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just washed your hands with soap
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hands
- If possible, stay home if you are sick – If possible, stay home from work/school if sick (as always, if any concerns, seek medical attention)
- Avoid visiting people in hospitals or long-term care centres if you are sick
- Do not share personal items that come into contact with saliva such as toothbrushes, eating utensils, drinks, water bottles, and towels
Message from Mayor Struthers:
“During these difficult times, it is important for all members of our community to work together to help reduce the spread of this dangerous virus. As always, the health and safety of our residents, visitors, businesses and municipal staff is the Village’s first priority. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your co-operation and understanding during this time.”
Message from Doug Robertson, CAO/Clerk/Director, Economic Development and Chair, Municipal Emergency Control Group:
“The COVID-19 situation is evolving quickly and the Municipal Emergency Control Group (MECG) has taken quick and effective action in order to respond and mitigate this pandemic within the Village. Staff are working hard to maintain service levels during this challenging period and we appreciate the community’s support. The MECG will continue to diligently monitor the situation and implement measures that are conducive to protecting the public.”
For further information on what you can do to limit the spread of COVID-19, please visit the following helpful links for more information:
Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit: healthunit.org/coronavirus/.
Ontario Ministry of Health: