More than 1,200 students from schools across the Upper Canada District School Board competed Tuesday, October 29 at the 2019 Upper Canada Cup Cross-Country Championships.
Thousand Islands Secondary School won the banner for top intermediate team, while Thousand Islands Elementary School took the junior team title.
“This is such a great event because it gets our kids active,” said Convener Adam Cross. “Students come out from across the board to compete and it shows them just how fun being active is. It’s also a great feeling for us to see the kids come across the line with a smile on their faces or holding their hands up to say they did it.”
Top competitors at the event included:
- 1st Place Grade 4 Boys’ Championship Luke Henderson Wellington Elementary School
- 1st Place Grade 4 Girls’ Championship Carly Alexander Lombardy Public School
- 1st Place Grade 5 Boys’ Championship Riley Dwyre South Crosby Public School
- 1st Place Grade 5 Girls’ Championship Ayla Griffith Chimo Elementary School
- 1st Place Grade 6 Boys’ Championship Drake Sled Lyn Public School
- 1st Place Grade 6 Girls’ Championship Lilly Burke Lombardy Public School
- 1st Place Grade 7 Boys’ Championship Lukas Leroux North Grenville District High School
- 1st Place Grade 7 Girls’ Championship Amy Collins North Grenville District High School
- 1st Place Grade 8 Boys’ Championship Caden Turcotte Thousand Islands Secondary School
- 1st Place Grade 8 Girls’ Championship Mercedez Covey Thousand Islands Secondary School
For a full list of race results, please visit www.sportstats.ca.