by Robyn Eagle
Thanks to the efforts of some dedicated volunteers, the traditional Christmas in Merrickville event will happen on December 4!
Activities will be pared down somewhat due to timing, but here’s what is planned at this point:
- Victorian style themed festive decorations in the Village Core
- Extended shopping hours from 9am – 7pm
- Silent Auction at The Knock Knock Shoppe
- Hot Apple Cider Station, courtesy of the Merrickville Lions Club
- Food Drive
- Window Decorating Contest
- Tree Lighting Ceremony at Blockhouse Park
- Strolling Carollers
- Visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus
A detailed schedule of events will be shared as more information becomes available.
The Victorian style theme is characterized by lots of white lights, greenery with red bows and shiny baubles. In keeping with this theme, white paper stars are available for sale at Chaiya Home & Garden Decor (323 St. Lawrence Street), $10 each or 3 for $25. These battery-operated stars are sure to add some sparkle to your windows and spread the festive season throughout the Village!
If you would like to help the Decorating Team, please contact Robyn Eagle (343)987-3457.