From College to Campus: a landmark in Kemptville

The Municipality of North Grenville has joined with the Kemptville College Alumni Association to celebrate the centenary of what we now call the Kemptville...

Home Hardware store, Prescott Street

This is an older building in Kemptville that may be hard to recognise, but it stands today in a part of town that was...

Asa Street after the 1910 fire

Kemptville has been plagued by serious fires throughout its history, and the corner of Prescott and Asa streets has been the source of some...

The Hollywood connection

Over the past year or so, we’ve been doing a series called “Sons and Daughters”, profiling people who lived and worked in North Grenville...

Charles Ferguson, medic and politician

In this series of men and women from North Grenville who had an impact beyond the borders of their community, Charles Ferguson is a...

Kemptville College – Early 1920’s

The photograph shows two buildings that formed the core of Kemptville College in its early years. In the background is the renovated farmhouse of...

Rideau River Bridge on old Highway 16

In the late 1930's, the road from Kemptville to the Rideau River followed a different route and ended at the swing bridge at Beckett’s...

Riverside Park, 1908

In 1902, the Kemptville Council bought Riverside Park from the Bottom family, who had owned it for decades. It was decided that the Village...

Ferguson Forest Centre Saved

The recent news that the Ferguson Forest Centre was threatened with closure reminded everyone how important an asset it is to this community. But...

The Windows of St. James

by Doug Macdonald On July 25, 1880, St. James the Archdeacon Patton Memorial Church, designed by distinguished Canadian Architect William Tutin Thomas, was officially opened....
Kemptville
overcast clouds
-3.3 ° C
-1.7 °
-6 °
86 %
2.1kmh
90 %
Fri
-0 °
Sat
-0 °
Sun
1 °
Mon
1 °
Tue
-1 °